Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Face Fit to Advertise

I was at Fred Meyer today looking for a Bug's Life when I spotted this DVD with this dashing gentleman on it:

I haven't seen The Tailor of Panama, though I remember hearing about it when it first came out. So why then, did it look so very familiar? Yes, I have seen every James Bond flick except A License to Kill ( which I WILL find someday, watch and then be able to tell everyone I've seen them all!) but that wasn't it. There was something else... something even closer... and then it came to me!
The Thomas Crown Affair! Oh man, I was so proud of myself when I walked over to the T section and found this little number. It's almost the exact same image, with the exact same expression and formatted in the exact same manner with similar colors and tones as the other. Keep in mind that these two movies are in no way related or sequels/prequels of each other. Here's one more cover, although it's not quite a spitting image of the others it still has ol' Brosnan with the right half his face darkened. 
So good!

Now, for your viewing pleasure, here they are all lined up:

2 comments:

  1. Samuel. I miss Fred Meyer sometimes. Well, I don't acutally, but when I read your writing about it...I kinda do. Also, you have a major man-crush on the Bros, don't you?
    But the question is: have you heard him sing in Mama Mia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nothing to say on the matter of man-crushes, I will however say that one cannot deny that the Bros always looks sharp walking with that swagger in his Brioni suit and his back to the explosions. Oh, and remember how Banksy put that painting of his in that French museum during Exit Through the Gift Shop? Totally, a Pierce Brosnan move from Thomas Crown Affair. So smooth! GAH SO SMOOTHz@!!

    ReplyDelete